Happy New Year everyone! I realize it has been the new year for 15 days now but if you think about it the year is still young so I feel this post is still relevant. We celebrated the start of the year in style with friends. It was great fun! There was so much delicious food that everyone was satisfied just from the hors d’oeuvres. We passed the time by playing some exciting games of Pass the Pigs. Seriously if you haven’t played this game yet you have got to try it. It’s so fast paced and takes no time at all to learn and with Poppy far too excited and over stimulated to sleep especially since we weren’t at home we needed that type of game. She ended up ringing in the new year with us — dancing to all the very appropriate songs *wink wink* that played after the ball dropped. Of course none of us lasted much passed midnight but I guess we accomplished all the societal norms so at that point we were good to go…to bed that is.
2014 was, for the most part, an incredible year. There were without a doubt ups as well as downs but when you have a young child that is how life goes. This past year we have really gotten to know our sweet Poppy — her likes and dislikes, her ins and outs, and maybe even a glimpse of her dreams and wishes. I have learned that her most ticklish spot is on her neck and that her favorite food is, without fail, goats milk yogurt and blueberries. She loves to dance, give long snuggly hugs (these are my favorite by the way), kitties, babies, and tubs. She loves exploring the world and I cannot wait to continue to do just that with her this year. Three cheers for 2015, may you bring so much light and very little darkness to all of the world!
New Years Resolutions for 2015:
- Organize and purge our entire home. We are currently planning a big move this summer so I need to have everything in order before then. This is seriously a huge undertaking but I am ready and willing to take it on!
- Skype more. I have friends and family all over the world and most of the time I feel so out of touch with many of them.
- Learn Photoshop/Lightroom. For some reason these programs are so intimidating to me. I need to just do it.
- Heal my diastasis recti. For those of you who may not know what I am talking about here is a very brief summary. Mine is not that bad so I hope to heal it completely by next year using this system, chiropractic care, and yoga.
- Average 3 post to this blog per week and grow my following by 100x.